The 12 Ordinary Meridians (abbreviated OMs) are the rivers of our life that we journey upon. As discussed on the page about the 12 + 8 Meridians, the 12 OMs have been described as “rivers of filth” due to the polluting emotions and memories that bind up to illusion and repetitive karmic cycles. The 12 OMs operate in the reality of form–they flow awareness and power for life in the physical world, but on four fields of the
- physical body,
- emotional (soul) body,
- mental body (lower spirit),
- and spiritual body.
When we are not self-aware, we amass karma on each level, where karma refers to unresolved experiences that tie up our resources–essentially karma is made up of whatever we have not resolved and still lingers in us as blockages in the meridians. Karma trap our consciousness — gateway to potential and power — and will trip us up along the way to get our attention, often causing us to play out the same issues in life over and over, albeit with different players and scenarios. The great thing is that the moment the higher insight is had and the block is released, repetition stops because it becomes unnecessary–life is totally efficient and wholly supportive.
The four levels of karma trapped in the ordinary meridians are broadly categorized as follows:
- The Field of War and Anger (physical level) ~ holds ‘karma’ from the physical level of life—from our actions on life and others that we have not resolved in ourselves.
- The Valley of Fear (emotional/soul level) ~ the soul ‘karma’ from our emotional life. Records of regrets and grudges over perceived emotional injury, and emotional pain that has not yet yielded its insights.
- The Valley of Tears (mental level) ~ the lower spirit karma from our everyday thoughts and intentions. All the ‘if onlys’ are stored here, and they pull in scenarios to play life in new ways in the here and now.
- The Field of Guilt (Hopelessness and Despair) (spirit level), that holds the higher spirit karma from the causal level. All the ‘what ifs’ are held here, which create ‘parallel tracks’ that interfere with and undermine our lives.
What meridian blockages look like physically is pain, disease (in any part of the body), rigidity in body, decay (including tooth decay), and aging. At the emotional level we have reactivity, emotional triggering, co-dependence, neediness, and a host of negative emotions that can plague us for our whole lifetime. Mentally we may be stuck in coping and defense patterns, rigid belief systems, being dogmatic, noisy mind, sloppy thinking, or plagued with regret. Spiritual blockages play out as guilt, ‘shoulds’, ‘what ifs’, unworthiness, judgment, etc.
Flow in the 12 Ordinary Meridians Gives Us Power and Resources to Manifest a Life
The flow through the 12 OMs gives us ‘energy’ (chi)–nourishment at all four levels of being. There are many types of chi–the more common ones are nutritional, constitutional, sexual/manifesting potency, ancestral energy, immunity power; others are less known, like inspirational power, power to shed the obsolete, power to dissolve illusion, power of resonance, and more.
When we are free of emotional baggage and mental/spiritual programs, then the meridian energy flows powerfully through the body, and we have heightened awareness and good vitality and power for life. There is no limit to the power that can flow through the cleared meridian system once the 8 extraordinary meridians are activated and being fully engaged. So there is no upper limit to consciousness and vital power to manifest an extraordinary life! The body evolves to becoming a vessel capable of impacting more and more of reality around us, in measure as our consciousness expands in alignment to divine intent. And the hormones refine and attune us to higher orders of reality in the process, to the point where stress and death hormones and frequencies no longer exist in us. We explore more of this on the page for the 8 Extraordinary Meridians and Fragrance Alchemy–for now, we will stick to the 12 OMs, as there is plenty to keep us busy in this system.
We’ve seen how each meridian produces specific emotions when blocked at a certain level, and so it is possible to fine-tune meridian clearing by zeroing in on the emotions. The Fragrance Alchemy oils for each meridian are at a specific frequency and contain the vibrational tones to entrain a meridian to its higher functioning. This first level of their power is to clear distortions, and later to evolve the meridian to higher expression–again, there is no upper limit to the evolution possible. You can understand the function of each meridian to your overall consciousness by understanding what has been suppressed in expression that is causing the distorted perception of reality and the particular negative emotion. So for each negative emotion, there is a trapped power hidden in the density, which becomes a gem of power when the emotion is released and higher insight is gained. This is explored in the meridian program, The Radiant Powers–Unleashing Gems of Consciousness The information below gives you a good picture of what becomes possible with meridian clearing with the powerful FA blends.
Impact on Consciousness of Blocked Versus Good Flow in the Each of the 12 Meridians
Without going into too many details, we will do a brief run through the blocked meridian versus the meridian that flows well, and its impact to your life. We will leave the physical level out for now, as we are focused on the emotional level, which is the biggest contributor to flow in the ordinary meridian system and health of the body’s main organs. If you recognize patterns in yourself from the list, the associated FA oil would be a good one for you to use for awhile. Using the full 12-FA-oil kit is always best, as the whole meridian system is then evolved to its next level of expression. Beyond the positives listed below, is a greater level still, wherein the meridians function to manifest Divine Intent and our power for life knows no bounds. Associated FA oils for each of the 12 OMs are listed in the section on the horary clock.
- A blocked Lung (Lu) meridian suppresses expression, whereas healthy energy flow through the Lu meridian brings inspiration and inspired authentic expression.
- A blocked Large Intestine(LI) meridian causes us to hang on to things past their time of usefulness, and to lament the past–wishing we could change it. But the past is changed in the present moment well lived, which brings empowerment to embrace the new. Healthy flow in the LI meridian makes us receptive to the new, and able to purify through transmuting density.
- A blocked Stomach meridian (St) makes us timid to be ourselves–we try to fit in and be what others expect of us. Often holding shame and blame, we get stuck in who we are not. Good flow in the St meridian promotes self-determination, exploration of our uniqueness, and empowerment through inner alignment.
- A blocked Spleen meridian (Sp) wreaks havoc in the body. It causes us to live in anxiety and worry, at the mercy of mood swings that seem beyond our control. Flowing well, the Sp meridians opens us to the sweetness of life, to stable growth, feeling supported, and the ability to be spontaneous and renewed in each moment.
- A blocked Heart meridian is a very undesirable thing, because the Heart is the ‘Ruler’ of the body–ao a blocked Heart meridian affects our state of being most profoundly. Blocked, we have joylessness and lose hope; we become emotionally needy and helpless. Power through the Ht meridian brings harmony and balance, we are home for ourselve, joyful/playful, and at the same tine appropriate and have emotional freedom and equanimity.
- A blocked Small Intestine meridian (SI) causes overwhelm and sadness–we feel insecure and shut down. When the energy is free-flowing we become ‘magical–living life by resonance and serendipity! We are self-assured, open to abundant resources, and follow a path of measured expansion, where we are continually supported and supplied with what we have need of.
- A blocked Urinary Bladder meridian (UB) makes for a shallow and unsatisfying life. When UB energy flows we operate from a deeper place–rooted in the eternal self, we manifest what is real and has meaning for our soul, we are in harmony and comfortable with the journey through life. UB in full power youthens the body and opens us to interdimensional presence.
- Blockage in the Kidney meridian (Ki) is also a serious thing, as the Ki meridian hold our manifestation potency (sexual power). When blocked we can be paralyzed in fear and indecision,
whereas when expressive we are cause for the stable destructuring of what no longer serves. We are capable of laying our stake in the ground and claiming our life as our own to shape, and we live in the courage of self-examination. A strong Ki meridian promotes powerful creativity for life.
- The Pericardium is called the “Heart’s Protector”–when blocked, it isolates the Heart and keeps people out; in the extreme it creates an impenetrable shield to avoid hurt. When energy flows well, the Pericardium (also known as Circulation-Sex meridian as it connects sexuality with the Heart’s love) beings flexibility, fluid perspective that does not take things as personal injury, but rather as challenges to show up for life in new ways. We then feel powerful in choosing our reality and experiences, and soon find we are free of illusion and deeply connected to the Source of our Existence.
- A blocked Thyroid meridian (TH) causes us to experience meaninglessness and emptiness of life–we feel what’s the point, and can have suicidal thoughts in the extreme. Blocked TH meridian is stuck in habits, whereas when in the flow, it causes us to transcend habits and move into new territory, and open gracefully to the new. The TH meridian sets the pace of our evolution, and when blocked we are locked into a devolutionary cycle. TH in full healthy flow imparts hope, a feeling that we do indeed impact our reality through creative contribution, we are hopeful and open to the new, and courage to show up in new ways beyond the old fight/flight/freeze responses courses through our being.
- Blocked Gall Bladder meridian (GB) can lead one to be in self-importance, or to swing from rage to feeling impotent in life. GB power carries out the plan to manifest our vision–when blocked we lose that connection. In full power, GB energy clears the way so nothing is an obstacle; it imparts freedom to be, invincibility, and opens us to miracles through surrendered trust, where we cooperate with the moving forces of life rather than try to do things our way.
- A blocked Liver meridian (Liv) will make itself known by anger and feeling bogged down by limitations from the past. Liver meridian holds the grand vision and is the architect of our life–it follows inner impulse and dreams of grand adventures. It embraces new beginnings and brings the courage and willingness to create a magical life beyond mortal boundaries.
Horary Clock of the 12 Ordinary Meridians
The body’s resources flow most powerfully to each of the meridians at certain times of the day, for a period of about 2 hours. This internal body clock is referred to as the Horary clock. When a meridian is blocked, the body’s resources are taxed in order to support chi flow through it, and the result is discomfort. This may be physical, emotional, mental, or spiritual, or any combination of these. If you notice mood seings, depression, waking up, or pain at certain times of the day or night, then you will find that supporting meridian flow during those times can have a dramatic effect. The Horary Clock and associated emotions is depicted below.
It is not necessary to follow the Horary clock when using the protocols and processes suggested, but knowing about it can help you to understand a basic level of the body-emotional connection. The objective of fragrance alchemy, however, is not only to ameliorate emotional states, but primarily is to erase the traumatic memories held within the meridian system altogether. When these are erased, we become far more fluid and able to express from greater breadth and depth, past is transcended, and the higher perspectives that lead us to manifesting an extraordinary life are being lived.
- Lung meridian: Neroli. Optimum healing time is from 3 am to 5 am. Symptoms are grief, intolerance, frustration and bitterness. For a brief description of the oil properties, see Oil Descriptions, below.
- Large Intestine meridian: Jasmine. Optimum healing time is from 5 am to 7 am. Symptoms are guilt, remorse, disappointment and opposition to change.
- Stomach meridian: Sandalwood. Optimum healing time is from 7 am to 9 am. Symptoms are shame or blame, disgust and greed.
- Spleen meridian: Goddess Blend (primary ingredient is fuchsia). Optimum healing time is from 9 am to 11 am. Symptoms are worry, anxiety about the future, self-destructiveness and mood swings.
- Heart meridian: Rose. Optimum healing time is from 11 am to 1 pm. Symptoms are joylessness, pain, self-pity and neediness.
- Small Intestine meridian: Lotus. Optimum healing time is from 1 pm to 3 pm. Symptoms are insecurity, sadness, feelings of abandonment and feeling unheard.
- Bladder meridian: Flower of Saffron. Optimum healing time is from 3 pm to 5 pm. Symptoms are fright or shock, impatience, restlessness and feeling unfulfilled.
- Kidney meridian: Narcissus. Optimum healing time is from 5 pm to 7 pm. Symptoms are fear, indecision, loss and injustice.
- Circulation meridian: Henna. Optimum healing time is from 7 pm to 9 pm. Symptoms are emotional injury, addiction, jealousy and regret.
- Thyroid meridian: Oud Oil/God Blend. Optimum healing time is from 9 pm to 11 pm. Symptoms are suicidal tendencies, hopelessness, depression and despair.
- Galbladder meridian: Patchouli. Optimum healing time is from 11pm to 1 am. Symptoms are rage, impotence, stagnation, stuckness and self-importance.
- Liver meridian: Gardenia. Optimum healing time is from 1 am to 3 am. Protectiveness/need to save, anger, phobias (misdirected terror) and obsessiveness.
The Fragrance Alchemy Oils and Basic Protocol
The oils are given in the image below. For descriptions, please visit the Properties of the FA Oils Page
There are depths to reach in working with the 12 ordinary meridians. At one end, you can simply follow the emotions chart and use the oils that correspond to emotions experienced. At the other end, you have become a High Alchemist and distorted emotions are turned to fuel to manifest higher life, essentially dissolving the stories of the past that you now see as illusions of the matrix.
The first step is to get the oils and experience them. Then you can email me to get materials to work with, to begin living from empowered perspectives, where emotions are transmuted to new powers that open the Heart center more and more. And we can go from there if you choose to dive deeper into High Alchemy Manifestation!