Henna Flower for the Clearing and Activation of the Pericardium Meridian
Known as the ‘King’s Bodyguard‘, or the ‘Heart Protector’ and the Circulation-Sex meridian the pericardium meridian has major functions in protecting the heart on many levels. Pericardium meridian includes the heart’s protective sack, the pericardium–which is recognized as an organ in Chinese medicine–a fire-energy organ whose special function is to surround the heart in a protective fluid sheath. It also has functions as mediator on many levels, between raw sexuality and love, moving blood through the coronary arteries, and coordinating heart’s rulership with our destiny, in terms of actions taken in the outer world.
Pericardium may be regarded as the Heart`s personal bodyguard (inner courtyard), whereas its yang partner the Thyroid or Triple Heater meridian would be the warrior that guards the boundaries of the kingdom.
Role in Emotional Protection
As the protective sack, the pericardium provides the heart with physical protection. Energetically, it protects the heart from damage and disruption by excessive emotional energies such as anger, fear, pain, and protectiveness. Emotionality impacts negatively on internal energy balance and is a major cause of disease. If the heart is burdened, the whole body and psyche are disrupted.
The angels have told us that while the knowledge of emotion and the meridians has been studied for a long time, the hidden journey that emotions travel to end up lodged in one organ over another has been unknown. It is true that anger lodges in the liver, fear in kidneys, etc. But fear, anger, pain, protectiveness, and son on, all originate in the heart, contrary to what Chinese Medicine says that they originate in the various organs. (Information received by Almine). Only pain remains stored in the heart—but even so, its severity is lessened as the other organs take up much of the burden in order to protect the heart. So while all emotions originate in the heart, they travel to and lodge in other organs according the organs’ capacity to hold particular frequencies. And it is the job of the Pericardium, and to some degree also the Small Intestine by its ability to attune to resonance, to ensure that the heart is protected from intense emotional fluctuations.
The Pericardium channel has three distinct pathways, which correspond to its 3 main functions:
1- Protecting the heart from injury, as discussed above.
2- Carrying out the orders of “shen”, or spiritual mind, where it works to manifest the inclinations and desires of our true self, ensuring our density path is followed (bringing fulfillment to Heart and sense of potency to Kidney).
3- Opening and closing of the heart, where it protects us emotionally and helps us be resilient to the stresses of daily life.
When the pericardium is defensive from trauma, it becomes rigid, and inflexible (much like scar tissue having formed over wounds). It can then be hard for us to open to love and allow positive emotions to flow into the heart. This impacts our ability to experience intimacy and warmth and love, and causes the heart to feel isolated.
When pericardium begins to tighten through rigidity, there is both a restriction of circulation into the Heart as well as a decrease in communication with the outside world. A person begins to close off and isolate emotionally from people and from themselves. There may be emotional rigidity, muscular armor, and impeded circulation in the chest. Eventually this can manifest constriction of the arteries. It also is cause of all manner of addictions, which is symptom of self-abandonment.
Benefits of the Alchemical Henna Flower Oil
- Helps to remember ourselves in wholeness, beyond separation
- Helps with addictive behaviors
- Calms the mind (shen) and helps us become detached from emotionality not by distraction and self-abandonment, but by perceiving past the lenses of trauma and injury
- Supports heightened states of consciousness that can transcend present circumstances
- Brings resilience and steadyness
- Helps to balance and clear the Pericardium meridian, clearing emotional injury, addiction, jealousy
- Helps to activate the Pericardium meridian to a higher function of ‘protectiveness’ through full self-presence
Pericardium Clearing has many effects:
- Greater sense of self-support and self-belief in our ability to choose reality
- Enhances communion with the Infinite
- Emotional maturity through the release of energetic armor
- Being home for the Self/Finding fullness within
- Becoming the conduit if inexhaustible resources through allowing an ever higher order of life beyond stories
- Vision holder in support of becoming our destiny
- General meridian clearing optimizes sleep, so that we are in creative states rather than tied up processing unresolved emotions. Time where the body’s energies focus on this meridian is 7pm-9pm
- May be applied along the Pericardium meridian, ideally on Per-6 (a powerful calming point)
- It may also be worn as a fragrance, or under the feet to get its benefits (if you wish to conceal the fragrance)
Disclaimer: The information on this website is not medical or psychological advice and should not be treated as such. Fragrance Alchemy and acupressure are not intended to treat medical or psychological conditions, and you must not rely on information given as an alternative to seeking medical or psychological advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.