The Small Intestine, which associates with the fire element and is the yang partner to the Heart meridian, relates to decision making on what is pure and can be built upon, and what is impure and needs to be let go. Out of balance, we feel insecure as the complexity of life and the many decisions to be made overwhelm. We feel like a lot rests on us but we are alone in having to make decisions. The balanced SI brings simplicity to complexity, and when we know that life unfolds flawlessly and we cannot make a mistake, then we feel confident. Confidences builds from trusting that our pure intention carries into what we do. Insecurity/Overwhelm, Sadness, abandonment, and feeling unheard are the main negative emotions of the SI. Lotus helps to clear the emotional turmoil in the meridian, and restore balance and our capacity for confident decision making.
SI is one of 3 meridians that supports the full and authentic expression of the Inner Warrior sub-personality.
Benefits of the Alchemical Lotus Oil:
Small Intestine Clearing has many effects:
- Confidence in our decision making / no second-guessing or rumination in ‘what ifs’
- Allows the impure to pass through the purity of our being without resistance
- Self-assurance that is foundation to the balance of the Heart
- Restores lightness, peace, and ability to embrace the adventure of life
- General meridian clearing optimizes sleep, so that we are in creative states rather than tied up processing unresolved emotions. Time where the body’s energies focus on this meridian is 11pm-1am.
6. Small Intestine Meridian: 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Separation of essence from food (pure from impure). Transportation of waste to the LI, gathers nutritive/meridian qi (ying qi). Tones the kidneys. Assists in ‘broken heart’. Influences the function of the pituitary gland, affecting growth, metabolism, immunity, sexuality, and overall endocrine system.